Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Marco Mistroni <mm...@waersystems.com> on 2003/12/17 17:35:46 UTC

RE: validation and DynaActionForm / concrete question

Hi all,
	After struggling with my application, I have
One question to ask.
I have a DispatchAction class that handles my logic, and
A DynaActionForm associated with it.
The problem is that the jsp from which the request comes can
Contain either 1, 2 parameters (out of 13 of DynaActionForm) or
13/13 parameters, since the page presents different information
depending
on which task I have to perform (either a search or an update or
delete).
Now, I keep on getting ValidationException when I have only 2 parameters
In my DynaActionForm I have 9 Strings, 2 BigDecimal, 1 Short and 1
Timestamp.

Am I receiving the exception (listed below) because Struts is trying to
validate all the input parameters? If that is true, is It worth to use
DynaActionForm when I don't have all the parameters supplied from jsp?

Or, how do I have to proceed?

Anyone has any suggestions?

Thanx and regards
	Marco

Re: validation and DynaActionForm / concrete question

Posted by Mark Lowe <ma...@talk21.com>.
Hi marco

well i think the problem your having is because you're using a dispatch
action

so the form is mapped to the action and its set to validate. You can
either separte yu dispatch actions into standard actions or hack it by
having a single action that calls your dispatch action much like you
were suggesting doing with jsp.

Cheers Mark