Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by tg...@informatica.com on 2001/11/16 09:43:51 UTC

weblogic6.1 exception

This is some more information on the Weblogic6.1 NullPointerException bug,
reported by Tony Yip (see
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=soap-user&m=100470865507174&w=2).

I discovered that only an Apache Soap client seems to provoke the exception
on the server. Other clients, like the Borland Soap component work ok.

Watching the Http headers with TcpTunnelGui revealed the following:
<!-- Apache Soap request -->
POST /soap/servlet/rpcrouter HTTP/1.0
Host: localhost
SOAPAction: ""

<!-- Borland Soap request -->
POST /soap/servlet/rpcrouter HTTP/1.1
Accept: application/octet-stream, text/xml SOAPAction: ""
Connection: Keep-Alive

The difference to notice is the "HTTP/1.0" vs. "HTTP/1.1" and the
"Connection: Keep-Alive" headers. I don't know much about Http, but I read
that this keep-alive is a tricky thing. Could the bug in Weblogic6.1 have
something to do with that?

Tom