Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Eric Lilja <mi...@gmail.com> on 2023/06/06 12:14:34 UTC

Regarding timestamp in _remote.repositories

Hello everyone, the timestamp (e.g., #Tue Jun 06 01:59:04 CEST 2023) in the
_remote.repositories file, is that just for human consumption or is it
processed? If only as a courtesy for humans, can its generation be disabled
somehow?

Best regards,
Eric Lilja

Re: Regarding timestamp in _remote.repositories

Posted by Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org>.
Am 2023-06-06 um 20:40 schrieb Eric Lilja:
> I didn't know that the datetime string in _remote.repositories was an
> artifact of the behavior of a JDK class (or Properties.store(), more
> specifically). Interesting. That also implies it is not processed by
> anything. Thanks.

It has been a pain in the ass for decades. There is an JBS issue for
this, actually. In Maven Archiver I filter this line out.

Re: Regarding timestamp in _remote.repositories

Posted by Eric Lilja <mi...@gmail.com>.
I didn't know that the datetime string in _remote.repositories was an
artifact of the behavior of a JDK class (or Properties.store(), more
specifically). Interesting. That also implies it is not processed by
anything. Thanks.

- Eric L

Posted by Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org>.