Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Bolke de Bruin <bd...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/13 20:48:42 UTC

Airflow 1.8.0 alpha 5

Dear All,

I have made Airflow 1.8.0 alpha 5 available at https://people.apache.org/~bolke/ <https://people.apache.org/~bolke/> . Again no Apache release yet - this is for testing purposes. I consider this Alpha to be a Beta if not for the pending features. If the pending features are merged within a reasonable time frame (except for **, as no progress currently) then I am planning to mark the tarball as Beta and only allow bug fixes and (very) minor features.

Blockers:
* None

Fixed issues
* DAG.catchup : minor changes needed, documentation still required, integration tests seem to pass flawlessly
* Respect retry_delay

Pending features:
* Cgroups + impersonation: clean up of patches on going, more tests and more elaborate documentation required. Integration tests not done yet

Todo’s (Beta permitted):
* set default log location for Childs correctly
* fix systems scripts
* daemonizing of webserver

Almost there!
Bolke

Re: Airflow 1.8.0 alpha 5

Posted by Bolke de Bruin <bd...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alex,

Don’t worry it is a switch and thus optional. This is also present in 1.7.1 and is actively used. The current state of master is a regression in that respect.

Bolke

Re: Airflow 1.8.0 alpha 5

Posted by Alex Van Boxel <al...@vanboxel.be>.

--