Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Frank Dahmen <fr...@dahmenia.de> on 2017/01/14 06:13:52 UTC

log air crashes on android

Hi,
is there a way to log kind of a "crash-report" (stack trace) in air
mobile on android when running in live/release mode (not connected via
usb etc.)?

Re: log air crashes on android

Posted by Clint M <cm...@gmail.com>.
You can use:
adb logcat
https://developer.android.com/studio/command-line/logcat.html

Posted by Frank Dahmen <fr...@dahmenia.de>.
I tried using UncaughtError but I think this won't work when the app
crashes? I tried it with writing to a Bytearray in a while(true) - loop
and as expected the Error catching didn't work
I thought of making an ANE but dont know if/how AIR would report
errors/crashes to android.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Frank Dahmen <fr...@dahmenia.de>.
thanks very much

but isn't there a way to do it on my own?
is air logging crashes somewhere?

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.