Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by "Zhao, David" <Da...@ACTIVX.com> on 2006/08/11 19:08:08 UTC

How to create group and grant user?

Hi there,

I've trying to implement the turbine security service to create group, grant user with certain roles. I've successfully extended the torque security service (I think), with our own set of tables for security, and had to override several methods, such as revoke(User user, Group group, Role, role) where UserGroupRolePeer is hard coded to use TURBINE_USER_GROUP_ROLE table (please correct me if I'm wrong) in TorqueSecurityService. Now when I create a group, and grant a user a role to the group, all entries will be written to our own tables. Now the problem is, if I'm trying to grant the "manager" role (existing role) to the user to this group by using TurbineSecurity.grant(data.getUser(), new TorqueRole("manager")), the role id is always inserted as 0. What's the best practice to do this? am I doing something wrong here?
Thanks,

David