Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Shapira, Yoav" <Yo...@mpi.com> on 2004/02/02 15:00:06 UTC

RE: Redeployment of War over and over Supported?

Howdy,

>Wow, OK, thanks for the great insight.  In other words, it's safe to
>assume to always restart Tomcat when deploying webapps.  That, of
>course, is less than ideal.  For testing, that just makes the
>development time longer (and more complicated, since now we have to
>remember to restart Tomcat every X deployment times).  And for
>production, of course we don't want to take anything down.

In practice, it's also common to have one webapp per tomcat instance, so
that should anything go wrong (e.g. OutOfMemoryError, malicious code),
only one webapp is affected even if you have to restart the tomcat
server.  So that above is not bad from that perspective.

Yoav Shapira

This e-mail, including any attachments, is a confidential business communication, and may contain information that is confidential, proprietary and/or privileged.  This e-mail is intended only for the individual(s) to whom it is addressed, and may not be saved, copied, printed, disclosed or used by anyone else.  If you are not the(an) intended recipient, please immediately delete this e-mail from your computer system and notify the sender.  Thank you.

Re: Redeployment of War over and over Supported?

Posted by Seth Ladd <se...@ehawaii.gov>.

RE: Redeployment of War over and over Supported?

Posted by To...@diversifiedsoftware.com.

Would multiple Tomcat instances be run in a production environment as well?
We're developing a webapp and having to retart Tomcat with each webapp
installation is one of our concerns.

Peace...

Tom

             "Shapira, Yoav"
             <Yoav.Shapira@mpi
                                       "Tomcat Users List"
             02/02/2004 06:00          <to...@jakarta.apache.org>

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         RE: Redeployment of War over and
               "Tomcat Users           over Supported?
                   List"
             <tomcat-user@jaka
              rta.apache.org>