Posted to taglibs-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Mitch Warner <mi...@fluencyvoice.com> on 2005/03/18 14:04:17 UTC

RDC: Undeclared parameters

I am creating an RDC with the requirement that the parameters required
for the component can change completely depending on the configuration
of the component. As such, I do not want to have to define the
paramaters as attributes of the RDC (or list them in the <input-params>
section of the .rdc file), but rather define tham as a list of
parameters that only need to be altered within the jsp.

In other words, I would like the content of my jsp to look like the
following:

<vxml version="2.0" xml:lang="en-GB"
xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/vxml" >
<jsp:useBean id="dialogMap" class="java.util.LinkedHashMap"
scope="session"/>

  <rdc:task map="${dialogMap}">
    <rdc:myComp id="airlineBooking">
        <param name="outboundDate" value="2005-03-17" />
        <param name="inboundDate" value="2005-03-24" />
        <param name="originAirport" value="LHR" />
        <param name="destAirport" value="SYD" />
    </rdc>
  </rdc:task>
</vxml>

I do not see any examples of where this has been done in any existing
RDCs though. Is this something that is an allowable operation?

Regards,
Mitch

This email has been scanned for all viruses by Netscalibur Mail Scanner, powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive email security service working around the clock, around the globe, visit
http://www.netscalibur.co.uk/scanner/index.html

Re: RDC: Undeclared parameters

Posted by "T. V. Raman" <tv...@us.ibm.com>.
Mich --
In addition to what Rahul says below,
you may also want to group the parameters into a single parameter
tree .

--
Best Regards,
--raman