Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Niranjan Rao <nh...@gmail.com> on 2021/11/09 18:06:30 UTC

Access log format in the access og files

Greetings,

We are on tomcat 9.* version.

Is there any way to log the format string used by access log valve in
the access logs? I'd be happy to see the format string like '%h %I %u %t
"%r" %s %b "%{Referer}i" "%{User-Agent}i"' in the log files either at
top of the file when file rolls to next day or in the middle of the file
if tomcat is restarted for whatever reason.

We discovered that some servers were configured in a different way and
our log analysis tool were barking at wrong field from the log. If tool
can see the format in the file, it will be easier to read next lines
based on the format and find exact fields that we are interested in.

Regards,

Niranjan