Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Martin Dubuc <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2006/02/01 16:48:45 UTC

Identifying a page with no extension to be a JSP

I have a page that has some JSP directives in it and I would like my Web server to process it as such, but the filename for this page is fixed and does not contain an extension. Is there a configuration item I can use in Tomcat to indicate that this file must be processed by the JSP engine? I have tried setting a URL pattern of form "path/*" but Tomcat seems to require a dot in the URL pattern.

---------------------------------

Re: Identifying a page with no extension to be a JSP

Posted by Martin Dubuc <ma...@yahoo.com>.
Yeeeeeeeeees!

I had tried to put the filename as a URL pattern, but without the path Tomcat  didn't like it.  Now, just adding a slash in front a the filename solves my problem!

Thanks!

Martin

Christian Andersson <ca...@ofs.no> wrote: if you just want to do it for this file, just add the filename instead
of the *, for example

     jsp
     /path/file

in your web.xml

this has worked for me, when I've done it for files in the main path
anyway, but I suppose it will work for other parts also..

/Christian Andersson

Posted by Christian Andersson <ca...@ofs.no>.
if you just want to do it for this file, just add the filename instead
of the *, for example
   <servlet-mapping>
     <servlet-name>jsp</servlet-name>
     <url-pattern>/path/file</url-pattern>