Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Cliff Woolley <jw...@virginia.edu> on 2002/03/18 22:40:45 UTC

404 .var file served as text/plain revisited

I know this has been brought up before, but what did we decide was the fix
for this problem?  I have a test install that's almost identical to
httpd-std.conf, and yet my 404 .var file gets served as text/plain.

HEAD /server-status/ HTTP/1.0
Host: localhost

HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 21:32:18 GMT
Server: Apache/2.0.34-dev (Unix) mod_ssl/3.0a0 OpenSSL/0.9.6c DAV/2
Vary: accept-language

[discovered because I neglected to configure mod_status ;]

Thanks,
--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com
   Charlottesville, VA

Re: 404 .var file served as text/plain revisited

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com>.
Cliff Woolley wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Mar 2002, jean-frederic clere wrote:
>

>>HEAD /toto/ HTTP/1.0
>>Host: vtxrm2
>>
>>HTTP/1.1 501 Method Not Implemented
>

> This was actually an unrelated bug... it's fixed now.

Thanks!

Posted by Cliff Woolley <jw...@virginia.edu>.

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com>.
Cliff Woolley wrote:

> I know this has been brought up before, but what did we decide was the fix
> for this problem?  I have a test install that's almost identical to
> httpd-std.conf, and yet my 404 .var file gets served as text/plain.
>
> HEAD /server-status/ HTTP/1.0
> Host: localhost
>
> HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
> Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 21:32:18 GMT
> Server: Apache/2.0.34-dev (Unix) mod_ssl/3.0a0 OpenSSL/0.9.6c DAV/2
> Vary: accept-language
>
> [discovered because I neglected to configure mod_status ;]
>
> Thanks,
> --Cliff

>    Cliff Woolley
>    cliffwoolley@yahoo.com
>    Charlottesville, VA

I have so more funny things related to the topic today:
+++

Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 15:06:14 GMT
Server: Apache/2.0.34-dev (Unix) DAV/2
Allow: GET,HEAD,POST,OPTIONS,TRACE
+++
That is without mod_include (with mod_include I get the text/plain 501*.var
file).

Cheers

Jean-frederic