Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Michiel Verhoef <mi...@cmg.nl> on 2001/04/08 12:56:12 UTC

RE: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: o rg/apache/fop/apps/XalanCommandLine

When I downloaded version 0.17 this was the version available.
Only just after I sent this message I gathered from the fop-dev
list that version 0.18 beta was available.

Anyway, whatever version (even the binary distribution from Apache)
does not run on our server ?????????? All calls to the fop.jar gave me
the error (i.e. whatever class I call it is not found in my fop.jar, even
though the class is there).

Weird werid weird...

Cheers all,

Michiel

Posted by Christian Geisert <Ch...@isu-gmbh.de>.
Michiel Verhoef wrote:

> Anyway, whatever version (even the binary distribution from Apache)
> does not run on our server ?????????? All calls to the fop.jar gave me
> the error (i.e. whatever class I call it is not found in my fop.jar, even
> though the class is there).

There was a change in the commandline usage from 0.17 to 0.18
(XalanCommandLine was replaced by org.apache.fop.apps.Fop)
see docs/html-docs/running.html and docs/html-docs/embedding.html

But your problem sounds like a classpath issue....
Change to the Fop-0.18.1-DEV directory and type:
fop.sh docs/examples/fo/simple.fo simple.pdf and see what happens.

> Weird werid weird...
> Cheers all,
>
> Michiel

Christian