Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Adrian Sutton <ad...@intencha.com> on 2004/08/20 10:39:36 UTC

Collaboration with JDNC

Hi all,
I've been following the JDNC project (http://jdnc.dev.java.net) which
is currently beginning to build a community and work out what the best
way to develop opensource software is.  For the Sun employees tasked
with pushing the project forward it seems to be a fairly new
experience.

A mention was made that Apache seems to have sorted much of this out so
I suggested that some collaboration might be beneficial between some of
the people who have worked in Apache and helped build up the community
and policies here and the folks (both Sun and non-Sun) that have
gathered over there.

I have no idea how such a collaboration would work (though I'm pretty
certain it should remain informal) but thought I'd give a heads up here
so that those people who are interested in sharing their expertise in
community building can pay some attention to the JDNC forums and those
with suggestions on ways to capture the community building knowledge
within Apache and share it could pipe up.

For the record there have been a couple of very positive responses to
the suggestion of learning from Apache.

Regards,

Adrian Sutton.

Intencha "tomorrow's technology today"