Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by Kyle Krull <kd...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/06 20:58:21 UTC

Re: mvn deploy:deploy-file fails for 3rd party artifact

Deng,

Thanks for the suggestion.  I only have settings in one place
($USER_HOME/.m2/settings.xml), so this doesn't seem to have been the
problem in my case.  I think I may have figured it out though, as it
works fine if I switch to another directory.

It turns out that I originally attempted this command while working in
a directory that was for another project.  This other project (with a
different artifactId) has its own POM, which contains a
<distributionManagement> section.  No jars had been uploaded yet for
the project described by the POM.

I wasn't able to prove for sure that this was the cause, but it seems
to be more of an issue with the deploy plugin than with Archiva (which
seems to be working fine).

Hope this helps if anyone else runs into a similar issue.

Thanks,
Kyle