Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by "Masanz, James J." <Ma...@mayo.edu> on 2013/08/13 20:34:49 UTC

[VOTE} Release Apache cTAKES 3.1

Hello all,

This is a call for a vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache cTAKES 3.1.0. This will be our first release as a TLP.

For more detailed information on the changes/release notes, please visit:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12323276&projectId=12313621

The release was made using the cTAKES release process documented here:
http://ctakes.apache.org/ctakes-release-guide.html

The candidate is available at:
http://people.apache.org/~james-masanz/RCs/ctakes-3.1.0/rc1/target/apache-ctakes-3.1.0-src.tar.gz /.zip

The tag to be voted on:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ctakes/tags/ctakes-3.1.0/

The MD5 checksum of the tarball can be found at:
http://people.apache.org/~james-masanz/RCs/ctakes-3.1.0/rc1/target/apache-ctakes-3.1.0-src.tar.gz.md5 /.zip.md5

The signature of the tarball can be found at:
http://people.apache.org/~james-masanz/RCs/ctakes-3.1.0/rc1/target/apache-ctakes-3.1.0-src.tar.gz.asc /.zip.asc

Apache cTAKES' KEYS file, containing the PGP keys used to sign the release:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ctakes/tags/ctakes-3.1.0-rc1/KEYS

Please vote on releasing these packages as Apache cTAKES 3.1.0. The vote is open for at least the next 72 hours.

Also, the convenience binary is:
http://people.apache.org/~james-masanz/RCs/ctakes-3.1.0/rc1/target/apache-ctakes-3.1.0-bin.tar.gz /.zip

Only votes from the cTAKES PMC are binding, but folks are welcome to check the release candidate and voice their approval or disapproval. The vote passes if at least three binding +1 votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release the packages as Apache cTAKES 3.1.0
[ ] -1 Do not release the packages because...

Thanks!
James Masanz

RE: [VOTE} Release Apache cTAKES 3.1

Posted by "Chen, Pei" <Pe...@childrens.harvard.edu>.
Thanks James!
It looks like there were a ton of Jira's that went into this release!
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CTAKES/fixforversion/12323276#selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project%3Aversion-issues-panel
[The Jira release notes still have open/unresolved items associated with this release.  I'll try and have a glance now; and will move anything outstanding into future 3.2?  Or if anyone else gets a chance to update their Jira's, feel free to do so.]
I'll plan to try test/verify RC later tonight...

Posted by "Chen, Pei" <Pe...@childrens.harvard.edu>.
Cool- James,
Also check your ~/.m2/settings.xml
I *think* you can add the apache servers to the list:
<servers>
    <server>
          <id>apache.releases.https</id>
                <username>james-masanz</username>

Posted by "Masanz, James J." <Ma...@mayo.edu>.

Posted by "Chen, Pei" <Pe...@childrens.harvard.edu>.
James,

Posted by Pei Chen <ch...@apache.org>.
James,
If I try to build from the src.tar.gz, I get the below:
If I comment out the ctakes-temporal module from the root pom.xml, it
compiles fine.  Is it because the temporal project is defined in the pom
but the source was the included/release?

Peis-MacBook-Pro:apache-ctakes-3.1.0-src pei$ mvn clean compile
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[ERROR] The build could not read 1 project -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR]   The project org.apache.ctakes:ctakes:3.1.0
(/Users/pei/workspace/apache-ctakes/3.1.0-rc1/apache-ctakes-3.1.0-src/pom.xml)
has 1 error
[ERROR]     Child module
/Users/pei/workspace/apache-ctakes/3.1.0-rc1/apache-ctakes-3.1.0-src/ctakes-temporal
of
/Users/pei/workspace/apache-ctakes/3.1.0-rc1/apache-ctakes-3.1.0-src/pom.xml
does not exist
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e
switch.
[ERROR]
please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1]