Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Yann Cébron <ya...@googlemail.com> on 2011/09/28 20:04:38 UTC

[ANN] Struts 2 Plugin for IntelliJ IDEA 11 - Early Access

Early Access Preview has started for the next major version of JetBrains IntelliJ IDEA, and Struts 2 Plugin already has a lot of new features to offer:

* OGNL Language support
* Action class properties resolving, including refactoring
* Smart navigation actions (go from JSP<->Action<->struts.xml)
* Better integration of validation.xml files
* and much, much more

Please find more details, links and screenshots here: http://strutsidea.blogspot.com/2011/09/intellij-idea-11-nika-first-eap.html

Looking forward to your feedback and comments,

 Yann

Re: [ANN] Struts 2 Plugin for IntelliJ IDEA 11 - Early Access

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
> Struts 2 plugin is only available in Ultimate Edition as it requires
> Java EE/Web functionality.

OK I have downloaded the package. meanwhil I could find "add framework
support".

One question: why is the plugin downloading struts itself again
instead of using the libs from my maven repos? And why can't I choose
a version number myself?

What I not like at the moment (more related to IDEA) is the fact it
creates an lib folder in my project folder and creates an out folder.

Try to figure that out

http://www.grobmeier.de

Re: [ANN] Struts 2 Plugin for IntelliJ IDEA 11 - Early Access

Posted by Maurizio Cucchiara <mc...@apache.org>.
Q.E.D.

>Struts 2 plugin is only available in Ultimate Edition as it requires
>Java EE/Web functionality.

Maurizio Cucchiara

Re: [ANN] Struts 2 Plugin for IntelliJ IDEA 11 - Early Access

Posted by Yann Cébron <ya...@googlemail.com>.
Thanks.

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
Even with the repricing? Will try it out. Have a couple of months left, I think.

Using another ide after nearly 10 years feels like relocating to a new
city, signing the contract for a new job and programming a different
language all at one time.

Cheers

--
http://www.grobmeier.de

Re: [ANN] Struts 2 Plugin for IntelliJ IDEA 11 - Early Access

Posted by Maurizio Cucchiara <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

http://www.grobmeier.de

Re: [ANN] Struts 2 Plugin for IntelliJ IDEA 11 - Early Access

Posted by Maurizio Cucchiara <mc...@apache.org>.
Hi Christian,
my guess is that this plugin works only on ultimate edition (j2ee tools are
usually included on that).

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
Looks pretty nice.

http://www.grobmeier.de