Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ilya Sterin <is...@hotmail.com> on 2002/03/25 19:05:38 UTC

Executing scripts with no extension

I have a few mod_perl scripts that have no exception.  When I try to
execute, the message says that it doesn't have the authority to display dir
content, so evedently it's trying to display the actual content dir and not
the file.  So

www.somesite.com/cgi-bin/script

Is trying to display the script content dir (I think) and not run the file?
The ScriptAliasMatch is matching against (.*), so that I believe is fine.

Any ideas?

Thansk a lot.

Ilya

Re: Executing scripts with no extension

Posted by Hasanuddin Tamir <sa...@trabas.com>.
On Mon, 25 Mar 2002, Ilya Sterin <is...@hotmail.com> wrote,

> I have a few mod_perl scripts that have no exception.  When I try to
> execute, the message says that it doesn't have the authority to display dir
> content, so evedently it's trying to display the actual content dir and not
> the file.  So
>
> www.somesite.com/cgi-bin/script
>
> Is trying to display the script content dir (I think) and not run the file?
> The ScriptAliasMatch is matching against (.*), so that I believe is fine.
>
> Any ideas?

ScriptAlias concerns with directories.

    ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/  /path/to/real/location/of/cgi/scripts/

In this case, all files under /path/to/real/location/of/cgi/scripts/ and
its subdirs will be treated as executable CGI program regardless of
extension.

ScriptAliasMatch is the extended version of ScriptAlias that allows the
usage of regex to match dir name.

--
san->http(www.trabas.com)
{If Linux doesn't have solution, you have the wrong problem}

Re: Executing scripts with no extension

Posted by Hans Juergen von Lengerke <le...@sixt.de>.
> I have a few mod_perl scripts that have no exception.

I take it you mean extension as you said in the subject.

> The ScriptAliasMatch is matching against (.*), so that I believe is
> fine.

I'm not sure if (.*) is fine. Depends on where you have the
ScriptAliasMatch set and what you want your server to do. However,
ScriptAliasMatch has nothing to do with mod_perl. Are you sure that you
aren't mixing up CGI and mod_perl? If you are sure, read on.

For mod_perl you should use SetHandler and PerlHandler. Please refer to
the mod_perl Guide (http://perl.apache.org/guide/config.html). Should
you still have problems, the mod_perl mailing list is the appropriate
place to ask questions on this (http://perl.apache.org/#maillists).

Best of luck!