Posted to user@struts.apache.org by gr...@intellicare.com on 2006/01/11 18:36:09 UTC

Re: [OT] Getting started is confusing [was] Re: Need advice

news <ne...@sea.gmane.org> wrote on 01/11/2006 11:34:12 AM:

> Frank W. Zammetti wrote:
> >
> > String var =
> > (String)FacesContext.getCurrentInstance().getExternalContext().
> getRequestParameterMap().get("variableName");
> >
> A yes the lovely Request Factory->context...-> cascade....
>
> I personally always use either ioc for managed beans
> or some utils classes (there is a very good one I found
> on javaworld, written by Derek Chen)
>
> with Derek Chens JSF Utils class it is like that:
> JSFUtils.getRequestParameter("variableName")

Hi Werner, do you mean "Derek Shen"? I found this:
http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-07-2004/jw-0719-jsf.html and he does
have a "FacesUtils" .. just wanted to make sure this si what you are
alluding to..?

Thanks,
Geeta

Re: [OT] Getting started is confusing [was] Re: Need advice

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>.
gramani@intellicare.com schrieb:

> Hi Werner, do you mean "Derek Shen"? I found this:
> http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-07-2004/jw-0719-jsf.html and he does
> have a "FacesUtils" .. just wanted to make sure this si what you are
> alluding to..?

yes...