Posted to users@maven.apache.org by huser <mp...@atxg.com> on 2009/03/09 21:57:53 UTC

mvn compile issue

Hi,

I am new to Maven. I wanted to compile a list of sources using Maven. I get
the following error. The compilation with ANT is fine. What is wrong here ?

C:\workspace\sip\SIPProxy\src\main\java\com\atxg\SIPProxy\SIPProxyMsgHandler\E91
1CallHistory.java:[10,15] generics are not supported in -source 1.3
(use -source 5 or higher to enable generics)
        private Vector<String> sip_message_event;

C:\workspace\sip\SIPProxy\src\main\java\com\atxg\SIPProxy\Manager\SIProxyMsgMana
ger.java:[20,15] generics are not supported in -source 1.3
(use -source 5 or higher to enable generics)
        private Vector<SIPProxyMsgHandler> sessionPool;

http://www.nabble.com/file/p22420560/pom.xml pom.xml mvn --version
Maven version: 2.0.9
Java version: 1.6.0_07
OS name: "windows xp" version: "5.1" arch: "x86" Family: "windows"

I have attached the POM.xml.

Re: mvn compile issue

Posted by Kamlesh Sangani <xk...@yahoo.com>.
You need to configure maven-compiler-plugin.

put the following in pom.xml

<build>
    <plugins>
<plugin>
                <configuration>
                    <source>1.5</source>
                    <target>1.5</target>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>
    </plugins>
</build>

Re: mvn compile issue

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> 1CallHistory.java:[10,15] generics are not supported in -source 1.3
> (use -source 5 or higher to enable generics)

Google is your friend. Take 60 seconds to search -- it took longer for
you to write this email than it will take to find your answer...

Wayne