Posted to dev@samza.apache.org by Chris Riccomini <cr...@linkedin.com> on 2013/09/13 02:09:50 UTC

SAMZA-2 Design Proposal

Hey Guys,

I've thrown up a design proposal for SAMZA-2.

    https://wiki.apache.org/samza/Pluggable%20MessageChooser

This is an aggregation of the discussions we've been having on JIRA [1] and RB [2]. The two new things that it addresses are:

  1.  How to handle bootstrapping.
  2.  How to (not) handle time-alignment.

I'm looking for feedback and creative thinking. :)

Cheers,
Chris

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SAMZA-2
[2] https://reviews.apache.org/r/13725/