Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by aadi <mi...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/03 13:34:48 UTC

[users@httpd] URL modified to localhost by apache

hi,

i have a webapp running under tomcat on a linux machine named devint01. i
have also built apache http 2.2.4 on the machine and i added the following
proxy pass to apache's config for my application running in the tomcat

ProxyPass /timeRec http://locahost:5080/timeRec
and the reverse proxy pass as well. the problem is when i access the
application thru apache as proxy that is

http://devint01.xxx.com/timeRec i get mis configured url on the page that
results

i.e the register.jsp link shows http://localhost/timeRec/register.jsp from
any machine on the network where i access the devint01 server.

whe i go through the tomcat directly i.e.
http://devint01.xxx.com:5080/timeRec

then all the link start directing to
http://devint01.xxx.com/timeRec/<further URL path........>

pls help .......... i think it is some where in my apache httpd config that
the problem is occuring

Re: [users@httpd] URL modified to localhost by apache

Posted by Vincent Bray <no...@gmail.com>.
On 03/08/07, aadi <mi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ProxyPass /timeRec http://locahost:5080/timeRec
> and the reverse proxy pass as well. the problem is when i access the
> application thru apache as proxy that is
>
> http://devint01.xxx.com/timeRec i get mis configured url on the page that
> results
>
> i.e the register.jsp link shows http://localhost/timeRec/register.jsp from
> any machine on the network where i access the devint01 server.
>
> whe i go through the tomcat directly i.e.
> http://devint01.xxx.com:5080/timeRec
>
> then all the link start directing to
> http://devint01.xxx.com/timeRec/<further URL path........>

Sounds like your webapp is using the host name of the request to
construct urls back to itself, though it's odd that it drops the port.
In any case, it may help to use an IP address in the ProxyPass
directive, and ProxyPreserveHost On to send the original Host: header
to Tomcat.

--
noodl