Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Avi Flax <av...@aviflax.com> on 2016/02/10 21:08:31 UTC

Kafka Streams summary, overview, etc?

Hi all!

I’m working on a project that would really benefit from Kafka Streams,
so I’m avidly following its development and eagerly awaiting its
release and I’m considering how to approach my project such that we
could migrate to Kafka Streams as soon as it’s ready.

In looking into this, I had a little trouble finding any canonical
description of Kafka Streams.

I found KIP-28:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/6BCdAw

… which doesn’t actually contain the name “Kafka Streams” and says its
state is “in discussion” but I guess it’s just out of date?

and KAFKA-2590:

… which oddly doesn’t link to KIP-28.

Also, the Future release plan:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/L6UTAg

doesn’t list Kafka Streams anywhere.

So overall it’s hard to get a sense that there’s a clear,
well-orchestrated plan and that everyone is on the same page.

Am I just missing something, or are things a little fuzzy?

Thanks!
Avi

Re: Kafka Streams summary, overview, etc?

Posted by Avi Flax <av...@aviflax.com>.
On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 5:19 PM, Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have updated the corresponding wiki pages for the release plan of Kafka
> Streams. Hope it helps for you.

Thanks, that is helpful!

Re: Kafka Streams summary, overview, etc?

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
Avi,

I have updated the corresponding wiki pages for the release plan of Kafka
Streams. Hope it helps for you.

Guozhang

--
-- Guozhang