Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@kiwi.ics.uci.edu> on 1998/01/08 20:15:04 UTC

Re: somethin amiss on Solaris

>Which version; I see nothing on Solaris 2.4/gcc/Sparc ?

The usual one ...

   SunOS kiwi.ics.uci.edu 5.5 Generic_103093-14 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-1

(and before anyone mentions it, yes I know about the Solaris patches,
 and no I don't have root access on this machine.  Bureaucracy sucks.)

Oh, and my image-load test files are at

  http://websoft.ics.uci.edu/icon_test.tar.gz

This problem looks a lot like one of

    -- a deadlock in the mutex code
    -- the cached access log going to hell in a handbag
    -- the child suicide/creation process going screwy
    -- a bad interaction with Navigator 4.03/Unix

but those are just guesses.  I'll have more data in a couple hours,
if someone doesn't beat me to it.  This is with the default config,
accessing plain files.

....Roy

Re: somethin amiss on Solaris

Posted by Igor Tatarinov <ta...@prairie.NoDak.edu>.
You reloaded InLineIndex.html, right?

I tried that and didn't notice any problem:
	SunOS green 5.5.1 Generic_103640-12 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-1

There is a minor glitch if logging is enabled but everything is reloaded
very smoothly if access_log goes to /dev/null

but I have 2.5.1 and you have 2.5; Rasmus has 2.5.1 too though)

igor