Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Takashi Imoto <t-...@ak.jp.nec.com> on 2019/11/27 11:51:17 UTC

RE: [OpenIV:0657] Re: Bugzilla Enhancement: "Auto-Correlation as core functionality in JMeter"

To: Scott-san and Vladimir-san

Scott-san thank you for explain instead of me.
Your explanation is perfectly true !

One thing, I want to add explain and please give me idea.

> Two Scripts: Record the same sequence of actions twice then run a
> comparison of the two recordings (.jmx files) and look for where data and
> parameters differ.

As Scott-san explain, to find correlation variable, we compare 2 JMX files.
But only JMX file, it lack information to replace parameter.
To replace parameter, JMeter use CSS/JQuery extractor and it need to set location of variable.

Example.
In HTML file,
<id=&quot;javax.faces.ViewState&quot; value=.....>

At CSS extractor
To set following.
id=[$1]

These location information are only written in JTL file not JMX file, so it need to load JTL file.

Instead of this, after recording using HTTP Test Script Recorder¶, these information is saved in memory.
So after recording and load previous recoded JMX file, it can find correlation variable and replace by CSS/JQuery extractor.

That's say.
" Test Plan must be recorded using the documentation shared here."

Is this limitation acceptable? Or is there any approach?

RE: [OpenIV:0551] Re: Bugzilla Enhancement: "Auto-Correlation as core functionality in JMeter"

Posted by Rahul Mehta <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Imoto,

Please clear below points

On Thursday, December 12, 2019, Takashi Imoto <t-...@ak.jp.nec.com> wrote:

> To: Valdimir-san.
>
> > Does "Correlation" differ from "Auto-Correlation"? Should just one of
> them be
> > used in all the places?   Is there a "manual correlation"?
>
> "Auto-Correlation" mean, list up candidate of correlation variables.
> From these variable, user select correlate variable.
>
> Why you are manually selecting the corealtion candidates?  it should be
automated.  Why are you going for table based approach, any specific
reason??

> How Rule differs from Correlation?
>
> Rule files use for re-use of correlation.
> I think same application and framework correlation variable is same.
> So 1st create correlation rule that describe which variable correlate, the
> load this file and script changed.

Rule should be applied once for all apis where we have correlation and
accordingly script should be updated.

>  > Is Rule mandatory for Correlation to work?
>
> As describe above, rule file is for re-use and this file is option.
>
> Is my explanation is clear?
> If there are other question and concern, please add comments.

I don't think any significance of rule file here, if you want to reuse
corelation then candidates should be picked from existing apis by reading
in memory, any specific reason??

Posted by Takashi Imoto <t-...@ak.jp.nec.com>.
To Rahul-san.

> I have same understanding. I am unable to understand that why extra jmx file is

> used, it is not clear from the file as outcome.

To list up correlate variable, we need to compare 2 jmx file and find and list up variable that value is different.

So it need extra jmx file.

> Imoto,

> Can we have better way rather than selecting correlation candidates manually in table?

Table show candidate of variable and value.

I think from this information, user easily select which variable are correlate value.

(If value is random, it might be correlate variable)

To avoid miss setting, I add manual selected process.

I thinks other tools do same process.

> Auto-correlation should not involve manual steps and why rules are mandatory here.

Rule file are not mandatory, it is option file that describe previous mail.

I think it can skip manual selecting, but to avoid miss setting and to confirm, it might be better to show table and select correlate variable.

> I have seen same implementation in some other load testing tool, so it would be

> great if you can share patent list.

I check LoadRunner’s patent list as following, but these patent does not refer to correlating.

5,701,139            System for tracking and replicating the operation of a cursor manipulation device

5,657,438            Interactive system for developing tests of system under test allowing independent positioning of execution start and stop markers to execute subportion of test script

5,511,185            System for automatic testing of computer software having output synchronization and capable of responding to asynchronous events

5,870,559            Software system and associated methods for facilitating the analysis and management of web sites

5,958,008            Software system and associated methods for scanning and mapping dynamically-generated web documents

5,974,572            Software system and methods for generating a load test using a server access log

6,138,157            Method and apparatus for testing web sites

6,144,962            Visualization of web sites and hierarchical data structures

6,205,122            Automatic network topology analysis

6,237,006            Methods for graphically representing web sites and hierarchical node structures

6,341,310            System and methods for facilitating the viewing and analysis of web site usage data

6,360,332            Software system and methods for testing the functionality of a transactional server

Thanks.

Posted by Rahul Mehta <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Vladimir,