Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/09 12:37:28 UTC

[VOTE] Release Roller 5.0.4

OK, apparently voting is done on DEV and not the private list (not that
the latter emailing system appeared to be accepting my emails
anyway...)  Vote is below and I'm resetting the 72 hour clock to zero.

Thanks,
Glen

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com>.
I'm surprised about this too, but don't want to research it further as
we don't even use OpenJPA in trunk anymore.  I just did the standard
build tomcat script and also tried separately via mvn clean install.  I
didn't change the OpenJPA libraries.  I'm done with 5.0.x for now, it's
all yours if you wish to look into it yourself. But this is the risk I
mentioned earlier that goes with trying to get rid of deprecated methods
in old builds, you fix this (Struts), then something else old breaks
(OpenJPA), and then you try to fix that, and another old library goes,
and before long you're spending four months backporting 5.1 into 5.0.x
instead of spending one month releasing 5.1.

Glen

Posted by Greg Huber <gr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com>.
[...]

org.apache.openjpa.persistence.EntityManagerFactoryImpl.createEntityManager(EntityManagerFactoryImpl.java:154)
     at
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.EntityManagerFactoryImpl.createEntityManager(EntityManagerFactoryImpl.java:60)
     at
org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.jpa.JPAPersistenceStrategy.getThreadLocalEntityManager(JPAPersistenceStrategy.java:238)
     at
org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.jpa.JPAPersistenceStrategy.getEntityManager(JPAPersistenceStrategy.java:225)
     at
org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.jpa.JPAPersistenceStrategy.getNamedQuery(JPAPersistenceStrategy.java:258)

Posted by Greg Huber <gr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com>.

Slight Delay w/5.0.4... (Re: [PASSED][VOTE] Release Roller 5.0.4 - rc2)

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com>.
Sent an email to Dave this morning, some file folder permissions in the
Roller dist folder need changing before I can move the 5.0.4 stuff over.

Cheers,
Glen

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
Hi Glen,

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Anil, I guess I should add my key to this file:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/roller/KEYS?view=log , and then upload that
file to the location you give below.  I'll get that done now.

Thanks,
Glen

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Greg Huber <gr...@gmail.com>.
+1
Struts upgrade works ok.

####

[VOTE] Release Roller 5.0.4 - rc2

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com>.

Re: [WITHDRAWN][BOO HISS]Re: [VOTE] Release Roller 5.0.4

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com>.
Thanks very much for all this info, I'll try to get to it soon, no later
than this weekend.

Glen

>>> http://www.opensymphony.com/xwork/xwork-validator-1.0.2.dtd - Class:

Posted by Greg Huber <gr...@gmail.com>.