Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Andreas Beeker <ki...@apache.org> on 2015/05/06 23:30:08 UTC

Todos / common sl implementation notes

Hi,

every now and then I have an idea what would be a nice add-on for POI,
but I don't want to spam the bugzilla nor the dev list with unfinished ideas.

So maybe you want to have a look at http://people.apache.org/~kiwiwings/

In case something sounds interesting to you, I'd be more than happy to discuss it.

I still have to write more info about the common_sl part, which I eventually put
in a bugzilla entry.

Best wishes,
Andi

Re: Todos / common sl implementation notes

Posted by Nick Burch <ap...@gagravarr.org>.
On Mon, 11 May 2015, Dominik Stadler wrote:
> I would like to keep information like this on the official poi page so
> every committer can update the information and it is not distributed
> across different places.

We do have one or two places listing upcoming changes, I think dating back
15 years...

I don't know if it would be easy, but what about using some special tag /
marker in Bugzilla, then pull in matching bugs to that page / link people
to a special report in Bugzilla based on that? Might be easier to keep
updated perhaps?

Nick

Re: Todos / common sl implementation notes

Posted by Andreas Beeker <ki...@apache.org>.
Hi Dominik,

> What do you think about adding a "planned changes" type of document to
> the poi-homepage? It will only be useful if it is updated from time to
> time but the current committers seem to be active enough to look at it
> regularly and keep it "fresh".

Actually there exists a few similar unlinked pages (todo.xml,news.xml,patches.xml) ...
which one will we use? %)

Using the poi-homepage, i.e. svn, for documenting those ideas would make it easy
to maintain. So I'm fine with that.

Andi

Posted by Dominik Stadler <do...@gmx.at>.
Hi,