Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by Chadwick Banning <ch...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/15 19:07:17 UTC

Removed HIVE service and cannot redeploy

Hi all,

I have an Ambari 1.5.1.110 cluster and originally had Hive deployed on it.
We were not using Hive at all at the time and I removed the service using
the steps at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Using+APIs+to+delete+a+service+or+all+host+components+on+a+host.
I was asked to redeploy Hive on the cluster for testing but when I try this
through the web UI I get the following error:

org.apache.ambari.server.controller.spi.SystemException: An internal system
> exception occurred: Configuration with tag 'version1' exists for
> 'hive-exec-log4j

I've tried creating new configs with different tags and setting them as the
desired config but this did not work.  The error occurs for multiple
Hive-related config files such as hive-log4j and hive-site.  Is there any
way to remove configurations or change their tag so that I can delete or
rename the 'version1' tag?

Thanks for any help.
--
Chadwick Banning

Re: Removed HIVE service and cannot redeploy

Posted by Chadwick Banning <ch...@gmail.com>.
As a follow up in case anyone encounters this issue -- I upgraded to the
current latest version of Ambari and this issue was resolved.  Upgrading to
1.6.0 did not fix the issue -- it was fixed in Ambari 1.6.1 but I have not
yet gone through the changelog to pinpoint the exact fix.

On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 1:07 PM, Chadwick Banning <chadwickbanning@gmail.com

--
Chadwick Banning