Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Michael <mt...@optonline.net> on 2010/05/12 02:14:51 UTC

Unable to generate WSDL from Java code

I have been unable to generate a WSDL file from Java code.

I recently started using Eclipse Galileo and downloaded Axis2 1.5.1.  When trying to generate a WSDL from an older Java project that I need to start working with again I get an error.  I saw that Axis2 1.5.1 was having some problems in Eclipse Galileo.

So I downloaded Eclipse Europa and Axis2 1.4.1 and I got the same problem.  The error is telling me that I have not configured the facet correctly, but when I go to the Eclipse Preferences -> Web Services -> Axis2 Preferences I am getting the message that Axis2 loaded successfully.

I'm getting the same error when I use:
1) Eclipse Galileo and Axis2 1.5.1
2) Eclipse Europa and Axis2 1.4.1

Can someone please offer some advice?

Thank you,
Mike

Re: Unable to generate WSDL from Java code

Posted by Michael <mt...@optonline.net>.
Well it's been about a year since I last used Axis2 so it's a little fuzzy.  But....

I seem to remember using the Code Generator plugin, and I vaugely remember the Service Archiver.

Anyway, here is another problem I just disccovered; these Eclipse plugins can't be downloaded for v1.5.1; i.e. the link returns an error when you click on them.  So all I have to work with for v1.5.1 is the binary distribution.  Are the plugins needed for this version?

So if I try to use v1.4.1 I can download the binary distribution but once again I can't download the plugins for this version.

What version of Eclipse are you using?

Waht version of Axis2 are you using?
  That's the eclipse plugin I use to generate wsdl files, guess you're doing it some other way....

    Service archiver?

Posted by "Meeusen, Christopher W." <Me...@mayo.edu>.

Posted by "Meeusen, Christopher W." <Me...@mayo.edu>.