Posted to taglibs-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@voyager.apg.more.net> on 2000/09/21 02:35:50 UTC

[PROPOSAL] New taglibs request, response, session

I have been writing a taglib which has 11 JSP tags that can be used
to get information from the JSP page HttpServletRequest. I plan on
writing two more taglibs for setting values in the response, and
for accessing the session.

The request taglib is almost done, I just have to finish writing
the examples, and it is written using the directory structure and
architecture of the other jakarta-taglibs.

So I am looking for +1 votes so I can commit these to jakarta-taglibs.

I have commit priviledges for tomcat, am I correct in making the
assumption that I can commit to jakarta-taglibs also?

Regards,

Glenn

Re: [PROPOSAL] New taglibs request, response, session

Posted by Shawn Bayern <sh...@yale.edu>.
On Wed, 20 Sep 2000, Hans Bergsten wrote:

> "Craig R. McClanahan" wrote:
> > Glenn Nielsen wrote:
> >
> > > I have been writing a taglib which has 11 JSP tags that can be used
> > > to get information from the JSP page HttpServletRequest. I plan on
> > > writing two more taglibs for setting values in the response, and
> > > for accessing the session.
> > >
> > > The request taglib is almost done, I just have to finish writing
> > > the examples, and it is written using the directory structure and
> > > architecture of the other jakarta-taglibs.
> > >
> > > So I am looking for +1 votes so I can commit these to jakarta-taglibs.
>
> +1

I'll add my +1 too.

> > > I have commit priviledges for tomcat, am I correct in making the
> > > assumption that I can commit to jakarta-taglibs also?
> > >

> > Each Jakarta project has their own committer list.  I hereby nominate
> > Glenn for commit access on taglibs as well (and he has my +1).
>
> +1

+1 as well.

Shawn

Re: [PROPOSAL] New taglibs request, response, session

Posted by Hans Bergsten <ha...@gefionsoftware.com>.
"Craig R. McClanahan" wrote:
> Glenn Nielsen wrote:
>
> > I have been writing a taglib which has 11 JSP tags that can be used
> > to get information from the JSP page HttpServletRequest. I plan on
> > writing two more taglibs for setting values in the response, and
> > for accessing the session.
> >
> > The request taglib is almost done, I just have to finish writing
> > the examples, and it is written using the directory structure and
> > architecture of the other jakarta-taglibs.
> >
> > So I am looking for +1 votes so I can commit these to jakarta-taglibs.

+1

> > I have commit priviledges for tomcat, am I correct in making the
> > assumption that I can commit to jakarta-taglibs also?
> >

> Each Jakarta project has their own committer list.  I hereby nominate
> Glenn for commit access on taglibs as well (and he has my +1).

+1

Hans
--
Hans Bergsten		hans@gefionsoftware.com

Re: [PROPOSAL] New taglibs request, response, session

Posted by Justyna Horwat <Ju...@eng.sun.com>.
I'll add my +1 as well.

That's more than enough votes. Craig, can you give Glenn CVS access?

Thanks!

Justyna
< horwat@eng.sun.com >

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Glenn Nielsen wrote:

> I have been writing a taglib which has 11 JSP tags that can be used
> to get information from the JSP page HttpServletRequest. I plan on
> writing two more taglibs for setting values in the response, and
> for accessing the session.
>
> The request taglib is almost done, I just have to finish writing
> the examples, and it is written using the directory structure and
> architecture of the other jakarta-taglibs.
>
> So I am looking for +1 votes so I can commit these to jakarta-taglibs.

I'm +1 on including these tags.

> I have commit priviledges for tomcat, am I correct in making the
> assumption that I can commit to jakarta-taglibs also?

Each Jakarta project has their own committer list.  I hereby nominate
Glenn for commit access on taglibs as well (and he has my +1).

> Regards,
>
> Glenn

Craig

====================
                                    Applications to Tomcat

Re: [PROPOSAL] New taglibs request, response, session

Posted by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@voyager.apg.more.net>.
The HttpServletRequest (request), HttpSession (session), and
HttpServletResponse (response) tag libraries are done and committed.
The goal was to provide tag sets that implemented the functions
from the above servlet classes that a JSP author might need.

I would be interested in any comments or suggestions from others.

On another note.  When is a tag library considered released?
And will there be a release area for the taglibs project that
has a zip of each individual released tag set distribution
directory?

Regards,

Glenn