Posted to dev@apex.apache.org by "York, Brennon" <Br...@capitalone.com> on 2015/12/18 01:35:13 UTC

Checkstyle Errors

All, noticing an issue with checkstyle errors from the Travis builds. Seeing:

"You have 8852 Checkstyle violations. The maximum number of allowed violations is 8789.”

Has anyone else hit this? Travis isn’t even spitting the errors to know whether or not the files I’ve added are an issue. I thought I saw discussion on the boards about this earlier, but after a search, no luck. Thoughts?

Re: Checkstyle Errors

Posted by Chandni Singh <ch...@datatorrent.com>.
Hi Brennon,

Can you please run this locally:
mvn checkstyle:check -Dcheckstyle.console | grep "<Your file name>"

Checkstyle doesn't have a way to log just new violation and existing are
too many to log.

Easier way is to use Checkstyle plugin in IDE to see if you have any errors.

Thanks,
Chandni