Posted to dev@flume.apache.org by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/19 18:15:17 UTC

Re: Flume 1.6 jiras

Folks,

what's the plan for the release? Just wanted to checking before
getting back on hunting more JIRA's :)

thanks
ashish

--
thanks
ashish

Blog: http://www.ashishpaliwal.com/blog

Re: Flume 1.6 jiras

Posted by 飯島 賢志 <ii...@cyberagent.co.jp>.
Hi Hari,

It would be good to add a following patch to 1.6

- FLUME-2498 : Implement Taildir Source

Thanks,
Satoshi

Re: Flume 1.6 jiras

Posted by Hari Shreedharan <hs...@cloudera.com>.
I will review those soon

Thanks, Hari

On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 11:56 PM, Ashish <pa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is it possible to push the pending JIRA's in trunk now? Keen on
> getting S3 source and tail dir in the code base.
> The idea is to enable faster collaboration on them, S3 source needs a
> lot of love. Once in trunk, lot many people
> may submit patches to get it working. Same holds true for tail dir.
> I shall also try to get the cadahale patch working with trunk and get
> it in. It would need a serious look as it might bring in some
> dependencies.
> Thoughts?
> On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 3:49 AM, Hari Shreedharan
> <hs...@cloudera.com> wrote:
>> Once we branch for 1.6 release (making trunk Java 7+ only), I will review the tail source
>>

>> Thanks, Hari
>>
>> On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 11:14 AM, Johny Rufus <jr...@cloudera.com> wrote:
>>
>>> For tail source we definitely have to go with Java 7, so +1, for having a
>>> 1.7 release soon, with tail and s3 sources.
>>> Thanks,

Re: Flume 1.6 jiras

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.

Re: Flume 1.6 jiras

Posted by Hari Shreedharan <hs...@cloudera.com>.

Re: Flume 1.6 jiras

Posted by Johny Rufus <jr...@cloudera.com>.

Re: Flume 1.6 jiras

Posted by Hari Shreedharan <hs...@cloudera.com>.

Re: Flume 1.6 jiras

Posted by Hari Shreedharan <hs...@cloudera.com>.
I am going to commit a couple of jiras soon (one build and one docs) - and then we can work on the RC. Johny - could you please let the list know (in another thread) when you are ready to branch. Once you are ready, one of the committers will create the relevant branches. Thanks!

Re: Flume 1.6 jiras

Posted by Hari Shreedharan <hs...@cloudera.com>.

Re: Flume 1.6 jiras

Posted by 李响 <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hi all, do we have a target date to release 1.6 ?

Re: Flume 1.6 jiras

Posted by 李响 <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Johny and harry,

Re: Flume 1.6 jiras

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.

Re: Flume 1.6 jiras

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.

Re: Flume 1.6 jiras

Posted by Hari Shreedharan <hs...@cloudera.com>.

Re: Flume 1.6 jiras

Posted by Roshan Naik <ro...@hortonworks.com>.
Johny,

Re: Flume 1.6 jiras

Posted by Johny Rufus <jr...@cloudera.com>.
Folks,

Re: Flume 1.6 jiras

Posted by Hari Shreedharan <hs...@cloudera.com>.

Re: Flume 1.6 jiras

Posted by 飯島 賢志 <ii...@cyberagent.co.jp>.
Hi Otis / Flume devs,

if we could tail files in near real-time reliably using this source, it
would improve the availability of HBase-sink, Elasticsearch-sink and so on.

This patch have worked well in our production environment for more than 3
moths and seems to works well from the following comment, too.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLUME-2498?focusedCommentId=14323992&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-14323992

If this patch can be added as a experimental source, I will work on this
such as changing the docs and other as necessary.

Thanks,
Satoshi

Re: Flume 1.6 jiras

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Flume 1.6 jiras

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.
I can work on this, but not before 3rd April. We also have
dis-advantage of being remote :(
But open to suggestions.

Regarding S3 Source, it would need a lot more love in review + rework
and as I see it won't be complete in given timelines unless we put in
a very dedicated effort on it. Once I am back, I can fork Johny repo
and send PR's with changes.

There are lot of JIRA's with patch available status, let's scan them
and see if we can push in the changes.

thanks
ashish

Re: Flume 1.6 jiras

Posted by Roshan Naik <ro...@hortonworks.com>.
Hari,

Re: Flume 1.6 jiras

Posted by Hari Shreedharan <hs...@cloudera.com>.
Flume devs,

Re: Flume 1.6 jiras

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.

Re: Flume 1.6 jiras

Posted by Johny Rufus <jr...@cloudera.com>.
Hari/Ashish,

Re: Flume 1.6 jiras

Posted by Hari Shreedharan <hs...@cloudera.com>.
Johny - any update?

Re: Flume 1.6 jiras

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Otis,

S3 Source is on my priority list. I shall spend some time with it as
soon as I am back from vacation.

thanks
ashish

Re: Flume 1.6 jiras