Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Markus Wahrheit <ky...@yahoo.de> on 2001/03/02 16:43:30 UTC

Cannot use a DTMLiasion for a input DOM node...

Hi!

I'm new to Jetspeed and tried to set it up properly.
I've had the

Error=FeedDaemon: Couldn't process URL: /ocs/local.ocs

problem that was discussed in the mailing-list
archives. Still I couldn't figure out how actually to
solve this problem, but to install a previous version
of turbine.

So I installed turbine v1.1a9 and at least I got no
error messages on my browser launching
localhost:8080/jetspeed.

However Tomcat3.2 makes trouble, even after installing
the 3.2.1 update patch.

Each time I try to login as user, my Tomcat console
returns:

User hasLoggedIn1: true
initializing service: TurbineGlobalCacheService
XSL Error: Cannot use a DTMLiaison for a input DOM
node... pass a
org.apache.xalan.xpath.xdom.XercesLiaison instead!
XSL Error: SAX Exception
[...the previous two lines are listed four times at
all...]

When I try to browse in Jetspeed (e.g. try to
customize), my Tomcat console shows me further error
messages:

along with several DTMLiasion and SAX Exceptions, I
get

2001-03-02 04:44:42 - Ctx< /jetspeed >: IOException
in: R< /jetspeed + /images/topics/jetspeed.gif + null>
Connection aborted by peer: socket write error

though everything should be correct?!

Any help would be appreciated.

Yours
Markus

Re: Cannot use a DTMLiasion for a input DOM node...

Posted by Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>.
Markus Wahrheit wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm new to Jetspeed and tried to set it up properly.
> I've had the
>
> Error=FeedDaemon: Couldn't process URL: /ocs/local.ocs
>
> problem that was discussed in the mailing-list
> archives. Still I couldn't figure out how actually to
> solve this problem, but to install a previous version
> of turbine.

This will not work. It is much better to install a version
from cvs.

It should work with current cvs. At least, if you get an error,
it will be an error worth researching, not an error that we have
already solved two months ago :)

The errors about ocs was a metter of not synchronizing properly initialization,
so you may be lucky and have it running oonce in say three attempts. Still, it
is much better to take cvs. Most of the activity from 1.3a1 has been bug fixing
and API discussion, not really implementation.