Posted to dev@aurora.apache.org by Zameer Manji <zm...@apache.org> on 2016/01/05 22:15:06 UTC

Re: [PROPOSAL] Use standard logging practices

I don't have any opinion between log4j and logback but I think these two
features of logback might be useful to people debugging issues in their
cluster:

   - http://logback.qos.ch/reasonsToSwitch.html#packagingData
   - http://logback.qos.ch/reasonsToSwitch.html#logbackAccess

The first ensures users can check if their packages/classpath were setup
correctly and the second is an easy way to check the logs without having to
determine and ssh into the leading master.

--
Zameer Manji