Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Arjan Loeffen / Salience BV <ar...@salience.nl> on 2002/10/19 21:12:22 UTC

problem with size of characters within

Dear people,

it seems that FOP has a problem when character features are set in the
context of a page reference, as in:

<fo:page-number-citation ref-id="div-1" font-weight="bold"/>

Please check
http://www.xs4all.nl/~loef01/fo/selected-tests/ref-measure-3.fo.debug.html
for a full example.

This will clarify my point; compare the results of Xep and Fop.
Is there any way I can avoid this?

arjan

--
Arjan Loeffen

Salience BV
Coltbaan 27b 3439NG Nieuwegein 030-6056675 http://www.salience.nl
Mail: arjan@salience.nl Mobiel: 06-51364196

SGML/XML Users Group Holland http://www.sgml-ug.nl

Re: problem with size of characters within

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Arjan Loeffen / Salience BV wrote:
> <fo:block>
> a b c (<fo:inline font-weight="bold"><fo:page-number-citation
> ref-id="div-1"/></fo:inline>)
> a b c </fo:block>
>
> I also tried fo:wrapper, but it didn't help......

Well, first sorry for the misinformation, font-weight and
most other font-* properties work on all elements, including
fo:page-number-citation, while text-decoration and a few other
don't work at all for fo:page-number-citation regardless how
they are used.
What font are you using? Are you sure its not bold? I have
no problems.

Re: problem with size of characters within

Posted by Arjan Loeffen / Salience BV <ar...@salience.nl>.
I tried this (see web page referenced in other mail):

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.

Posted by Oleg Tkachenko <ol...@multiconn.com>.
Arjan Loeffen / Salience BV wrote:

> Thanks for the answers so far; I understand that the problem I indicated
> is known and being fixed?
Wait a minute, I just realized xml spy's pretty-print formatting transforms your
(<fo:inline><fo:page-number-citation ref-id="div-1"
font-weight="bold"/></fo:inline>)
into
(<fo:inline>
	<fo:page-number-citation ref-id="div-1" font-weight="bold"/>
</fo:inline>)
and this way adds whitespaces here. So it need to be verified again, it might
be a bug. Unfortunately I don't have cvs port open at my job, so I can verify
it only at the evening.

--
Oleg Tkachenko
eXperanto team

Re: problem with size of characters within

Posted by Arjan Loeffen / Salience BV <ar...@salience.nl>.
Oleg,
I downloaded 0.20.4 and this did not solve the problem. When will 0.20.5
be released?

Thanks for the answers so far; I understand that the problem I indicated
is known and being fixed?
The problem is so severe to us that we cannot produce documentation,
with many page references, using FOP right now...

arjan

Posted by Oleg Tkachenko <ol...@multiconn.com>.

Posted by Arjan Loeffen / Salience BV <ar...@salience.nl>.
Oleg,
Sorry about that.
I fixed this on the site, (again) go to
http://www.xs4all.nl/~loef01/fo/selected-tests/ref-measure-3.fo.debug.html
But I'll attach a snippet to this mail.
Thanks,
arjan.

Oleg Tkachenko wrote:

> Arjan Loeffen / Salience BV wrote:
>
>> Please check
>> http://www.xs4all.nl/~loef01/fo/selected-tests/ref-measure-3.fo.debug.html
>>
>> for a full example.
>
> Well, buggy fo document fragment we are primary interested in is at
> e:/p-sal/forge/work/al/selected-tests/ref-measure-3.fo according to
> the page source and you hard drive is not shared probably :)
> Post small fo snippet.

     <fo:table-row>
      <!--================================================================================-->
<fo:table-cell>
<fo:block>
a b c
(<fo:inline><fo:page-number-citation ref-id="div-1" font-weight="bold"/></fo:inline>)
a b c
</fo:block>
</fo:table-cell>
     </fo:table-row>