Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Tomasz Dudziak <t....@mwam.com> on 2020/05/11 12:10:13 UTC

Flink REST API side effect?

Hi,

I found an interesting behaviour of the REST API in my automated system tests using that API where I was getting status of a purposefully failing job.

If you query job details immediately after job submission, subsequent queries will return its status as RUNNING for a moment until Flink's restart strategies are exhausted. If you don't and take a brief moment before your first query of  the job status, it will be reported in a more fine-grained fashion, e.g. RESTARTING or FAILING.

Has anyone else noticed that behaviour?

Thanks,
Tomasz

Tomasz Dudziak | Marshall Wace LLP, George House, 131 Sloane Street, London, SW1X 9AT | E-mail: t.dudziak@mwam.com<ma...@mwam.com> | Tel: +44 207 024 7061

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential to the addressee(s) and may contain information that is legally privileged and/or confidential. Please refer to http://www.mwam.com/email-disclaimer-uk for important disclosures regarding this email. If we collect and use your personal data we will use it in accordance with our privacy policy, which can be reviewed at https://www.mwam.com/privacy-policy .

Marshall Wace LLP is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Marshall Wace LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC302228 and registered office at George House, 131 Sloane Street, London, SW1X 9AT. If you are receiving this e-mail as a client, or an investor in an investment vehicle, managed or advised by Marshall Wace North America L.P., the sender of this e-mail is communicating with you in the sender's capacity as an associated or related person of Marshall Wace North America L.P., which is registered with the US Securities and Exchange Commission as an investment adviser.

Re: Flink REST API side effect?

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.
yes, that is correct.

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.