Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Fernando Wermus <fe...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/25 16:49:14 UTC

[wicket-stuff] project sitemap-xml

Hi all,
    I need to develop sitemap for my web app. I see that there is a project
related to this problem. Which is its situation? Does anyone know?

thanks in advance

--
Fernando Wermus.

www.linkedin.com/in/fernandowermus

Re: [wicket-stuff] project sitemap-xml

Posted by Andreas Petersson <an...@petersson.at>.
On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 12:49:14 -0300, Fernando Wermus
<fe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>     I need to develop sitemap for my web app. I see that there is a
project
> related to this problem. Which is its situation? Does anyone know?
>
> thanks in advance

hi!
the sitemap-xml micro-project is a very simple thing that builds upon three
assumptions:

1) you want to build a sitemap according to
http://www.sitemaps.org/protocol.php - this is the language search engines
like.
2) the urls you want to expose in this xml are all mapped with wicket
bookmarkable strategies.
3) you want your xml to be generated on-the-fly as opposed to pre-rendered

then you can use the sitemap-xml from wicketstuff. it helps you with the
correct syntax.

unfortunately after some basic tests i have not yet seen it "in action"
being grabbed by the search engines to see if everything works fine. a bit
of feedback would be nice.

if there are request for enchancement or any uncertainties about it do not
hesitate to ask on the mailing list. as it stands now i have a bit spare
time at hand :)
best regards
andreas

Re: WicketFilter Config

Posted by Cemal Bayramoglu <jW...@cabouge.com>.
See if   http://jweekend.com/dev/LegUp  gives you an easy way to get started.

Regards - Cemal
jWeekend
OO & Java Technologies, Wicket
Consulting, Development, Training
http://jWeekend.com

Re: WicketFilter Config

Posted by James Carman <jc...@carmanconsulting.com>.
Well, if you need to configure (i.e. set properties on, etc) your
application object via Spring, then you either need to use
SpringWebApplicationFactory or write your own class that does the same thing
(that's not deprecated).

Posted by MZ...@osc.state.ny.us.

Re: WicketFilter Config

Posted by James Carman <jc...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Re: WicketFilter Config

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
recommended configuration is on our wiki's spring page

-igor

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 11:22 AM,  <MZ...@osc.state.ny.us> wrote:
> Due to the fact that SpringWebApplication is deprecated, we evaluated
> several ways of configuring Wicket using WicketFilter.  I found
> ContextParamWebApplicationFactory to work with a Spring Annotation
> approach.  SpringWebApplicationFactory also works with a Spring Annotation
> approach, but since it returns a SpringWebApplication (deprecated) should
> it be avoided?
>
> I would love to hear from the Wicket team as far as the recommended
> configuration.
>

> Notice: This communication, including any attachments, is intended solely
> for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This
> communication may contain information that is protected from disclosure
> under State and/or Federal law. Please notify the sender immediately if
> you have received this communication in error and delete this email from
> your system. If you are not the intended recipient, you are requested not
> to disclose, copy, distribute or take any action in reliance on the
> contents of this information.

WicketFilter Config

Posted by MZ...@osc.state.ny.us.
[...]

I would gather they are eluding to the fact that search engines may not
index url's with duplicate titles, so its a best practice to provide a
title unique to the url.

Fernando Wermus <fe...@gmail.com>
03/25/2010 01:46 PM
Please respond to
users@wicket.apache.org

users@wicket.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: [wicket-stuff] project sitemap-xml

Do you know why it is said in the page you mention, each pages should have
different title?

Posted by Fernando Wermus <fe...@gmail.com>.
Do you know why it is said in the page you mention, each pages should have a

Posted by Fernando Wermus <fe...@gmail.com>.