Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Paul Sanchez <pj...@alum.mit.edu> on 1998/05/19 04:55:19 UTC

os-next/2248: compile fails for src/support/logresolve.c due to missing strdup

>Number:         2248
>Category:       os-next
>Synopsis:       compile fails for src/support/logresolve.c due to missing strdup
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
I noted in the bug database the comment that apache supplies its own strdup, but this is incorrect for logresolve.c.  The context-diff patch supplied below fixes this for NeXT, and I expect for other systems missing strdup as well.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
*** logresolve.c        Mon May 18 21:30:14 1998
--- logresolve.c        Mon May 18 21:30:14 1998
***************
*** 50,55 ****
--- 50,57 ----

  #include <sys/socket.h>

+ #include "conf.h"
+
  #include <netinet/in.h>
  #ifndef MPE
  #include <arpa/inet.h>
***************
*** 71,77 ****
  /* number of buckets in cache hash table */
  #define BUCKETS 256

! #ifdef MPE
  char *strdup (const char *str)
  {
      char *dup;
  /* number of buckets in cache hash table */
  #define BUCKETS 256

! #ifdef NEED_STRDUP
  char *strdup (const char *str)
  {