Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Mark Lacas <ju...@stuffthis.net> on 2006/06/27 14:05:10 UTC

Copying a single project from a local laptop repository to our servers repository

I've scoured the subversion book and the past posts to this list but
have not found what I am looking for.

I have been working on a project solely on my laptop (MacBook) with a
local svn and repository with other projects.

What I want to do is to copy the project I'm working on from my local
MacBook repository to a central (remote) server.

The server already has a repository with other projects that I don't
want to lose, I only want to copy the one local project from my
laptop to the main server.

I don't really want to stop using the local repository for my work, I
really just want to have the latest snapshot on the server for users
to peruse and for backup.

Is this covered somewhere and I'm just not finding it, or is it bad
practice?

Thanks,
ml

Re: Copying a single project from a local laptop repository to our servers repository

Posted by Maximilian Marx <ma...@convos06.de>.
On Tue, 2006-06-27 at 07:05 -0700, Mark Lacas wrote:
> I've scoured the subversion book and the past posts to this list but
> have not found what I am looking for.
>
> I have been working on a project solely on my laptop (MacBook) with a
> local svn and repository with other projects.
>
> What I want to do is to copy the project I'm working on from my local
> MacBook repository to a central (remote) server.
>
> The server already has a repository with other projects that I don't
> want to lose, I only want to copy the one local project from my
> laptop to the main server.
>
> I don't really want to stop using the local repository for my work, I
> really just want to have the latest snapshot on the server for users
> to peruse and for backup.
>
> Is this covered somewhere and I'm just not finding it, or is it bad
> practice?
>
> Thanks,
> ml

Tailor ([1]) allows you to sync changesets between two repositories.
This should exactly do what you want.

[1] - http://www.darcs.net/DarcsWiki/Tailor

Maximilian Marx
--
Maximilian Marx <ma...@convos06.de>

Re: Copying a single project from a local laptop repository to our servers repository

Posted by Mark Lacas <ju...@stuffthis.net>.
Do I have to use svndumpfilter after svn dump to limit it to the
project I'm interested in and its history?
I only want to move one project.
Thanks,
ml

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.