Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Vola, Guillaume" <Gu...@mkms.xerox.com> on 2002/10/18 09:23:34 UTC

JMeter: How to visualize results

Hi there,

I launched a test last night (#threads=1000, loop=1000) that finished few hours later.
When I come this morning the GUI interface was stacked due to OutOfMemory error.
Anyway I close Jmeter and relaunch it opening my test plan (askOnce.jmx) thinking
I would be able to see the results loading the listeners.
As listeners I have a Assertions Results (assert.jtl), a Graph Resutls (chichet.jtl)
and a Aggregate Report (report.jtl).
But I was unable to visualize the results even if the files were NOT empty.
So I decided to relaunch my test with only one thread in order to append the results files,
and make them correctly loaded in JMeter. Argh! The files were cleared!!!

What I did wrong ?
What is the right solution ?

--
Guillaume Vola
Project Leader - Quality Assurance & Support

Re: JMeter: How to visualize results

Posted by Michal Kostrzewa <M....@pentacomp.com.pl>.
Dnia pią 18. październik 2002 09:23, Vola, Guillaume napisał:
> Hi there,
>
> I launched a test last night (#threads=1000, loop=1000) that finished few
> hours later. When I come this morning the GUI interface was stacked due to
> OutOfMemory error. Anyway I close Jmeter and relaunch it opening my test
> plan (askOnce.jmx) thinking I would be able to see the results loading the
> listeners.

I can tell you how I use jMeter for long tests. I make test without any
visualiser, and run jMeter as follows:

jmeter -n -t test.jmx -l logfile.jtl

If you have turned functional tests on, then in logfile.jtl there will be all
the response data.

Using perl and SAX parsers, I get everything I want from this log file. Forget
into memory (it has to do it, I can't imagine how to avoid this), and every
visualizer tries to do it on it's own I suppose (That's why I did DB logging,
which I hope will be available in next week)

best regards
Michal Kostrzewa