Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Chuck Murcko <ch...@telebase.com> on 1996/05/12 12:17:54 UTC

mod_imap config directives

Has anyone gotten the mod_imap config directives (ImapMenu, ImapDefault,
ImapBase) to work? If so, how are they used? I've tried all sorts of
places to put these in my config files, but, for instance, I never see
ImapBase prepended to the link I get back from the server if I make it
a specific URL.

Also, is it the client which must interpret "" (the default ImapBase)
as the current URL prefix (i.e., httpd://thehostimon/)?

I was sorta suprised that the module didn't just send a Location: header,
but I'm only moderately deep into the protocols so far.

Randy?

chuck
And now, on a lighter note:
		-- Wernher von Braun

Re: mod_imap config directives

Posted by Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>.
On Sun, 12 May 1996, Chuck Murcko wrote:
> Has anyone gotten the mod_imap config directives (ImapMenu, ImapDefault,
> ImapBase) to work? If so, how are they used? I've tried all sorts of
> places to put these in my config files, but, for instance, I never see
> ImapBase prepended to the link I get back from the server if I make it
> a specific URL.

Haven't tried those yet...

> Also, is it the client which must interpret "" (the default ImapBase)
> as the current URL prefix (i.e., httpd://thehostimon/)?

NO!  This is a bug in this module, and it's what's causing relative
listings in map files to break in Mosaic and MSIE.  The core of the
problem:

Location: /path/file.html

is not allowed, only

Location: http://www.host.com/path/file.html

I just got back from Paris, this is the bug I was working on before I
left and posted a patch for but that patch was br0ken.  This needs to be
fixed before a final 1.1.

	Brian

brian@organic.com  |  We're hiring!  http://www.organic.com/Home/Info/Jobs/