Posted to dev@pivot.apache.org by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/08 19:32:45 UTC

Re: freeze release

Hi all,
I've re-tagged the 2.0.1 release (only some mimor changes, and nothing
related to code since last 2.0.1 tag) and I now uploading its
artifacts on people.apache.org.
In a few hours I'll send the email requesting the vote for it ... I'm
planning to keep it open for 7 days, but if it's too short (I don't
think) please tell me.

Of course only Pivot PMC Members (and Developers) can vote it, but if
others want to take a look on it (and provide feedback to us), it's
welcome ...

Bye,
Sandro

Re: freeze release

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 2:32 AM, Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Of course only Pivot PMC Members (and Developers) can vote it, but if
> others want to take a look on it (and provide feedback to us), it's
> welcome ...

That is not totally accurate. We (ASF projects in general) normally
recommend the whole community, incl curious by-standers, to vote, but
only the PMC members' votes are binding. The rest are in indication of
general support, OR could be highlighting something that people don't
like which the PMC has missed.

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer