Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "Dipl.-Ing. Torsten Liermann" <li...@liermann-it.de> on 2008/05/07 00:55:21 UTC

? Clientid of UIInput in tables

Hi, I would like to add faces messages to Input Elements within
a Table. How can I get the client id like the rendered client id
xyz:0:abc
xyz:1:abc
How how is it possible to iterate over a datatable?

Thanks for a tip
Torsten

Re: ? Clientid of UIInput in tables

Posted by "Dipl.-Ing. Torsten Liermann" <li...@liermann-it.de>.
Thanks! No other chance? I will only add validation messages
from an external system to a table cell....

On Tue, 6 May 2008 17:36:40 -0600
 "Andrew Robinson" <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
>By calling getClientId(FacesContext) on a table, while it is iterating
>will give you the stamp.
>
>So, in your example:
>
>UIData data = (UIData)viewRoot.findComponent('xyz');
>UIComponent comp = data.findComponent('abc');
>
>data.setRowIndex(0);
>
>String id = comp.getClientId(facesContext);
>
>// this will return "xyz:0:abc"
>
>data.setRowIndex(-1);
>

>On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 4:55 PM, Dipl.-Ing. Torsten Liermann
><li...@liermann-it.de> wrote:
>> Hi, I would like to add faces messages to Input Elements within
>>  a Table. How can I get the client id like the rendered client id
>>  xyz:0:abc
>>  xyz:1:abc
>>  How how is it possible to iterate over a datatable?
>>
>>  Thanks for a tip
>>  Torsten

----
Dipl.-Ing. Torsten Liermann          Tel: +49 151/11565077
Primelstrasse 22d                    Fax: +49 8106/358047
85591 Vaterstetten                   http://liermann-it.de

Re: ? Clientid of UIInput in tables

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.