Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Matthew Oatham <ma...@hotmail.com> on 2003/03/19 15:23:20 UTC

XML question

Hi,

Not sure this is the right place to be posting this but...

I build my jboss-web.xml file by replacing tokens with build values. The top of my final jboss-web.xml file contains a comment i.e.

<!--
Note: Ant's filtered copy is used to activate configuration
tokens in this deployment descriptor at application build time
-->

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

<!DOCTYPE jboss-web PUBLIC "@jboss.public.identifier@" "@jboss.dtd.url@">

I think this comment is causing me deployment problems! Can anyone confirm that the placement of a comment here would cause me deployment problems.

Cheers.

Matt

Re: XML question

Posted by Simon David Kelly <Pa...@netscape.net>.
The <?xml ...   should be the first line in your file.  Some systems are
clever and will always check for and ignore and comments on the first
line.  Unfortunately not all are, so as a good rule the file description
line should always be the first one in any file type.

--
Simon

"If it can't be done on the command line,
it ain't worth doing!"