Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Andre Schmidt <as...@medicare-online.de> on 2000/09/10 21:14:17 UTC

[C2] Sitemap URL manipulation - XSP caching

I want to mask my database access through the URL. So I came down with the
following definition in my sitemap:

   <map:match pattern="mypath/item-RH-C2/*.xml">
    <map:generate type="serverpages" src="mypath/item-RH-C2.xml?ucid={1}"/>
   </map:match>

But I'm getting an IOException at
org.apache.cocoon.generation.ServerPagesGenerator.generate(ServerPagesGenera
tor.java:107): Can't read file: ... mypath/item-RH-C2.xml?ucid=123.

Is this an undefined situation for sitemap? Is there another way to do this
kind of URL rewriting (I'm running pure Tomcat at the moment, no Apache...)

Another question is about XSP caching. In the former scenario the page will
be cached, but not the instances for different database items. Is there are
way around that?

TIA for any insight.

-André