Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Omar VEGA <ov...@cti.com.ar> on 2000/03/15 00:42:15 UTC

Apache 1.3.9 + Tomcat 3.1M1 - Servlet does not run

hi,

I'm trying to run  a SimpleServlet from a new context in apache at port 80 but it doesn't work ( the Apache does not found the page) . If I run a JSP or HTML it runs ok and if I run the SimpleServlet in port 8080 it also runs ok.

http://170.51.186.76/wap/SimpleServlet   does not work
http://170.51.186.76:8080/wap/SimpleServlet   works  ok

I have the  SimpleServlet.class in my  wap/WEB-INF/classes directory and I also declare the SimpleServlet in the WEB-INF/web.xml file.

In $TOMCAT_HOME/etc/tomcat.conf I have
    ApJServMount  /wap                 /root

In $TOMCAT_HOME/server.xml
        <Context path="/wap" docBase="/home/web/app/wap"
            defaultSessionTimeOut="30" isWARExpanded="true"
            isWARValidated="false" isInvokerEnabled="true"
            isWorkDirPersistent="false"/>

In httpd.conf
          Alias /wap/        "/home/web/app/wap/"

In wap/WEB-INF/web.xml
<web-app>
    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>
            SimpleServlet
        </servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>
            SimpleServlet
        </servlet-class>
    </servlet>
    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>
            SimpleServlet
        </servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>
            SimpleServlet
        </url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>
</web-app>

Is this a configuration problem  in Apache or Tomcat?

thanx.

Omar Vega
email: ovega@cti.com.ar