Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Rajat Bhushan <ra...@oracle.com> on 2008/04/04 12:25:05 UTC

setManageSession not working in JAVA client to .NET web service

Hi.

      I am writing a Java client to a .NET web service. I call an
authentication service and then I get a cookie in the response. I need
to set the cookie in all subsequent outgoing requests to other web
services available on the same server. I tried using the
"setManageSession(true)" , but it is not setting the cookie. I verified
this on the TCP Monitor. I am attaching my code. Can somebody help me
with how to get this working or point me to some other thread on the
same problem.

Thanks,
Rajat

Re: setManageSession not working in JAVA client to .NET web service

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.
> Hi.
>
>      I am writing a Java client to a .NET web service. I call an
> authentication service and then I get a cookie in the response. I need
> to set the cookie in all subsequent outgoing requests to other web
> services available on the same server. I tried using the
> "setManageSession(true)" , but it is not setting the cookie. I
> verified this on the TCP Monitor. I am attaching my code. Can somebody
> help me with how to get this working or point me to some other thread
> on the same problem.

Axis2 handle the JSSIONID correctly , however in the case of .net they
use some other name. Even for that we have support in Axis2 but you need
to set the following property before you call the service

options.setProperty("customCookieID" ,"Cookie Name")

Once you set this and setManageSession , Axis2 will send the correct
cookie back.

Thank you!
Deepal