Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Thiebaud, Christophe" <ch...@sap.com> on 2010/10/12 00:11:21 UTC

Release Plugin 2.1 : invalid label perforce scm provider 1.4

Hi all,

I just tested the brand new Release Plugin 2.1 and I found that the label created by the perforce scm provider has an empty file set.

Looking at the generated perforce label, I can see that the perforce view specification is wrongly all lowercase.

I then found that the ReleaseUtil.java getCommonBaseDir function produces a lowercased result when running under Windows (which is the case for me).

I guess that this is common base dir is then used then by the scm provider to create the wrong perforce label.

It looks it is rather a Release Plugin issue than a scm perforce provider issue.

My question is : why does getCommonBaseDir lowercase the common base dir ?

Christophe

Re: Release Plugin 2.1 : invalid label perforce scm provider 1.4

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
This was to avoid case-comparison issues where c:\something looked different to C:\something (MRELEASE-536). It seems like it shouldn't be persisting that change then.

Can you file a new issue?

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org