Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by shepheb <gi...@git.apache.org> on 2012/08/21 21:08:02 UTC

incubator-cordova-android pull request: Greatly improve speed of fetching c...

GitHub user shepheb opened a pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/incubator-cordova-android/pull/45

    Greatly improve speed of fetching contacts.

    We were selecting every column in a fairly wide table before. This code fetches
    only those columns necessary to populate the data requested by the Javascript
    code. In experiments with coworkers' and my own contact lists, the time to fetch
    ~1440 contacts has gone from over 40 seconds to less than 10 seconds. I have not
    tested with fewer than 1400 contacts, but I expect at least a small improvement.

    $ git pull https://github.com/shepheb/incubator-cordova-android master

    https://github.com/apache/incubator-cordova-android/pull/45.patch

----
commit 9dfa462bcfc47e4d60d973ac1eafa8cf215cd523