Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/05 17:55:47 UTC

site.xml vs POM -- violates DRY?

It seems to me that a lot of documentation in the site.xml file
duplicates data from the pom.

I've tried putting things like ${project.version} and ${project.url}
in site.xml, but it is not expanded.

Are there any other magic markers like ${reports}? Is there a way to add others?

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator and PMC Chair, Apache Tapestry

Re: site.xml vs POM -- violates DRY?

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
We have a proper model for this in the upcoming release, and
${reports} is deprecated in favour of <menu ref="reports" /> for
example to make it easier to use the XSD, etc.

I'm not sure what elements you find yourself repeating - most of them
are defaulted to the values from the project and should only be
respecified if they are not repeated. If there is anything that must
be repeated I'd definitely consider it a bug.

Currently, only project.url and project.name are interpolated in the
site descriptor. There's an open item to implement that in general.

Thanks,
Brett