Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Dirk Bonengel <di...@bonengel.de> on 2006/10/24 08:55:39 UTC

Re: ixHash Timeout

Chris schrieb:
> I've been seeing this quite a bit lately, is the site down or do the
> timeouts need to be increased?  Its currently set for the default 10
> seconds.
>
> Oct 21 12:28:03 localhost spamd[19162]: ixhash timeout reached
> at /etc/mail/spamassassin/iXhash.pm line 91.
> Oct 21 12:28:03 localhost spamd[19162]: ixhash timeout reached
> at /etc/mail/spamassassin/iXhash.pm line 91.

Which zones do you query? The servers running the zones
nospam.login-solutions.de and nospam.login-solutions.ag run fine.
But I happen to know that the guys running the zone @ manitu.net moved
to another machine, maybe they have problems.

I'll get in touch with them

Dirk

Re: ixHash Timeout

Posted by Marc Perkel <ma...@perkel.com>.

Dirk Bonengel wrote:
> Chris schrieb:

>>> Which zones do you query? The servers running the zones
>>> nospam.login-solutions.de and nospam.login-solutions.ag run fine.
>>> But I happen to know that the guys running the zone @ manitu.net moved
>>> to another machine, maybe they have problems.
>>>
>>> I'll get in touch with them
>>>
>>> Dirk
>>>

>> Not sure what you mean Dirk by "which zones do I query". Looking at
>> my ixhash.cf I see:
>>
>> # This list uses iX Magazine's spam as datasource.
>>   body          IXHASH eval:ixhashtest('ix.dnsbl.manitu.net')
>>   describe      IXHASH Classified as spam at iX Magazine, Germany
>>   tflags        IXHASH net
>>   score         IXHASH 1.5
>>
>> I "assume" that ix.dnsbl.manitu.net is queried? Along with the other
>> two. Since this is line 91:
>>
>> Mail::SpamAssassin::Util::trap_sigalrm_fully(sub { die "ixhash
>> timeout reached"; });
>>         $oldalarm = alarm($timeout);
>>
>> Should I increase the timeout of 10?
>>
>> # This makes DNS queries time out after 10 seconds (2x default)
>>   ixhash_timeout    10
>>
>> Thanks
>> Chris
>>

> Well, it seems the DNS sometimes is completely down, so this wouldn't
> help much.
> I'd say temporarily disable the IXHASH test and just run the other
> two. I'll give word as soon as Manuel Schmidt, who runs the manitu.net
> stuff, has sorted things out
>
> Dirk

Dirk,

I'm still getting a lot of these as well. I think you have a server down.

Re: ixHash Timeout

Posted by Dirk Bonengel <di...@bonengel.de>.

Re: ixHash Timeout

Posted by Chris <cp...@earthlink.net>.